Parsons-Eagle has the following career opportunity available:
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
This position is responsible for the concept and design of net weigh scales, pre-made bag hangers, bag conditioners and vertical form fill and seal machines. Additional responsibilities include coordinating machinery orders, working to customer specifications, producing cost effective designs to meet these requirements within budget and schedule and technical support of those designs.
- Conceptualize and/or prepare mechanical designs which are accurate, clear and conform to recognized drafting practices and company policies, procedures and standards.
- Troubleshoot machine process issues and develop solutions.
- Create, organize, and update all relevant design documents including drawings, bills of material, specifications and shop support documents.
- Provide technical support to our customers and our customer service and field service technicians.
- Must have experience with Solidworks modeling and design of mechanical components.
- Familiarity with free flow product handling, complex sheet metal designs and linear and rotary servo systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with machined parts, sheet metal, weldments and overall machinery design.
- Self-motivated individual with a sense of urgency toward project completion, willing to learn and works well with others.
- Strong aptitude for solving problems and understanding machine processes (mechanical and electrical).
- Knowledge of ME-10 CAD software is not required but would be a plus.
- Open to occasional travel if required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Parsons-Eagle Packaging Systems
A Division of Campbell Wrapper Corporation
Attn: Peter Hatchell
1415 Fortune Avenue
De Pere, WI 54115